Before discussing the social anxiety disorder, don’t reach on the conclusions straight away that you’re going through from it. If you have social anxiety, you need to make friends with social anxiety. In this blog post, I’ll answer your question that how to make friends when you have social anxiety. So stick around, a piece of valuable information is down the way!
What is social anxiety?
It’s normal if you feel stressed before the presentation, date, on any specific event. However, it’s not good if everyday interactions cause significant anxiety, fear, self-consciousness, and embarrassment because you fear being scrutinized or judged by others. In extreme cases, this will interrupt your daily life, and impact your school, work, and everyday aspects – in a negative way. This is social anxiety, and it is also known as social phobia.
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition, but learning coping skills in psychotherapy and taking medications can help you gain confidence and improve your ability to interact with others. What happens in social anxiety? Well, various things may happen with you if you’re going through social anxiety. From trembling or shaking, speaking difficulty, excessive sweating, excessive blushing, and rapid heart rate – these are a few symptoms of social anxiety. Apart from this medical condition, you must wonder how to make friends with social anxiety. Well, the answer is coming!
How to make friends when you have social anxiety? The answer time!
You should know that no test determines whether you have social anxiety or not. Only your psychologist will determine by interacting with you and knowing about yourself and problems. So the first step of curing social anxiety is to avoid self-cure.
Now, let’s come down to the question of how to make friends with the social anxiety.
This world is full of good and sensible people. You can share your issue with your best friend, or people, that you believe, are sensible and compassionate. This way, a group of friends is made, and your best friend will do the rest for you. However, don’t forget to help yourself by participating in the group conversation. The one thing that you can do is laugh at your embarrassing moments. Sit alone, remember the best and worst times, when you do something good or bad in front of a group of people. Ask how many people remember that incident?
Do you know, 70% of the time, the person only thinks about him/herself. So the remaining 30% he spends in meeting with people, performing the daily tasks, and now you need to figure out when the people will have the time to remember you and your embarrassing moments. So the solution is simple, think good about yourself. When you do this, you offer value in your group and the front of the people. Ultimately you’ll become the charm of a group, and gradually, your social anxiety goes away. This way, you can make friends with social anxiety.
Social anxiety is the reality, but the only doctor that can cure it is in the mirror. Please consult with the mirror, and ask that doctor to make you feel good about yourself, and encourage you to participate in the conversations with other people. This is more important when you’re in the group or someone retaliates from your point of view. Ask and analyze the situation with an open mind, and speak whatever you have to say. There is no one in this world, who can please everyone. To interact with people, and that’s how to make friends when you have social anxiety. That’s the formula, and when are you going to implement this formula?